JUNIOR DATA ANALYST
COMDA is a privately-owned, Canadian company. Since 1972, we have been manufacturing and marketing promotional products directly to more than 60,000 business customers throughout North America to help them grow their companies and create goodwill with their customers.
We are looking for a passionate Junior Data Analyst. This role is part of the IT Information Systems team. Half of your time would be spent managing our ever expanding product catalog, ensuring products are setup accurately and in a timely manner in our ERP and ecommerce platforms. The other half of your time would be spent supporting daily reporting needs across the business using existing data, queries and formats.
- Answer important business questions like which marketing campaign is doing the best and which product performs best online.
- Learn how our product catalog is managed and perform product updates in our ERP and ecommerce platforms.
- Participate in bulk updates to product data including pricing, descriptions, attributes, statuses (active/inactive), inventory, and more.
- Monitor and maintain product data quality using automated reporting systems that identify issues needing attention.
- Reliably manipulate data files and exports from ecommerce platforms, vendor systems, and internal tools to develop correct loadsheets.
- Interpret report requests then create and produce daily, monthly, and ad-hoc reports, as well as have the ability to validate the integrity of the data.
- Ensure data analysis is accurate and includes established customer segmentation models. Look for trends, and come up with ideas on how to leverage the data we have across customer service, sales, and marketing.
- Maintain our automated reporting infrastructure including nightly jobs, file transmissions, adding new jobs, retiring old jobs, optimizing performance, and responding to failures.
- Manage work within online ticket and project management systems. Track details and time on each task.
- Present clean and accurate information using neatly formatted spreadsheets and data visualization techniques.
- Participate in the research and development of new data management and reporting initiatives for the business.
- Communicate technical data to less technical audiences using written summaries and graphs and charts.
- Collaborate with key departments including marketing, customer service, sales and management.
- Build strong and trusted relationships with our team and learn the ins and outs of our business.
- Post-Secondary education in Math, Computer Science, Business, Marketing, or related field
- 1+ years of experience (incl. internships) in marketing analysis, customer base analysis, data modeling
- Ability to work with large volumes of files and data
- Strong Excel skills and high proficiency with Microsoft office applications
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and self-directed skills – ability to initiate, coordinate and prioritize responsibilities and follow through on tasks and projects
- Team player, able to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
- Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL would be an asset
- Experience with data visualization tools such as PowerBI or Tableau would be an asset
Please contact Rizvana, IT Sr. Supervisor - Email: email@example.com
COMDA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.